Wednesday, July 22, 2020

What is Antarctica

WALT: Increase our knowledge by reading a wide range of texts (Article a day - Book of Knowledge)

On Readworks, our task was to read the text, and then we had to write two or three sentences of what we have learned.  I had fun reading and writing the text because it helped me learn more things about Antarctica.

I have learned that Antarctica is a continent. It is Earth's fifth-largest continent and is covered almost completely in ice. Antarctica covers Earth's South Pole. I have also learned that Antarctica is the coldest place on Earth. The average temperature in Antarctica in the winter is minus 34.4 Celcius (minus 30 degrees Fahrenheit).

Antarctica | History, Animals, & Facts | Britannica

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dayton it's Kryzma I really like your blog post about Antarctica. Maybe add more detail. Tino pai!

    ReplyDelete